In the BA-module Political Theory, we offer an introduction to the following topics:
- Philosophy of science
- Normative and empirical political theories
- Introduction to the history of political ideas
- Contemporary democratic theory
- Contemporary theories of justice
In advanced seminars and our MA programmes, we cover topics such as:
- Lecture courses on important authors and works of political theory
- Seminars on specific currents and paradigms in political theory, e.g. on deliberative theories of democracy
- Seminars that discuss current issues and challenges (e.g. climate crisis, populism, social inequality) against the backdrop of normative and empirical political theories.
- In the Master's programme Political Economy and International Relations, we are also responsible for Module 1 (Research Methods) and organize the lecture series on research methods.